Account not working, no access to mail
If you have the following issues, you should follow the preceding steps:
- “I have entered the setting you sent but it still isn’t working.”
- “I need access to my email but I don’t know how to change the settings on my email client”
- “I need access to my email and I have changed the settings in my client but it is still not working and I need help”
The first thing to do is to log into the webmail portal to access your email.
The portal is https://webmail.es.utoronto.ca
your user name is your full email address
your password is your original password
If you cannot access the web portal due to forgetting your password, please request a new password or if you are using a Mozilla email client, you can retrieve your password from the client.
For Outlook, this is easier as they hide the password using simple crc32 hashing which is easy to un-hash. To retrieve it you need a tool such as Nirsoft’s Mail Passview https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mailpv.html . Windows Antivirus will consider the program malicious and falsely identify it as malware – this is a false positive.
Alternatively, if you have forgotten your password and do not have access to recover it, you can submit a help form for a password reset.
IMAP folders are missing
When transferring the files from the old server to the new server, the way messages are stored on the new server cause the IMAP folders to become unsubscribed (or hidden).
This is easily fixed by resubscribing to the folders using the webmail interface or the email client.
On the webmail client, do the following:
- Select on the top right hand side of the screen the settings button.
- Then select the folders tab.
This will display all of your folders… just select the itmes you need
Contacts are Missing
Unfortunately there was not an automated way to move over contacts that were in the old squirrel mail program to roundcube. You can only import an existing file containing your exported contacts.
To import them into Roundcube do the following:
- Please save the attached .vcf file on your local machine.
- Log into the webmail interface: https://webmail.es.utoronto.ca
- Select Contacts icon from the menu icons in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select the Import Contacts icon from the middle of the screen (it looks like multiple cards with a green arrow).
- Check the checkbox for “Replace the entire address book”.
- Select “Import” button. Then select “Done” button.
You should now see your imported contacts.
If you switched accounts on your email client and your addresses are missing, the following link can help: